• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video is blurry after exporting

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exported video and it appears blurry after export. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Export settings below. Thanks everyone.

Wilson25325606evae_0-1658344639957.png

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

By @Wilson25325606evae

One thing that sticks out is that your Sequence Settings is 1440x1080 with a Pixel Aspect Ratio of 1.333. This is the same settings as HDV that in itself are kind of obsolete today. A wild guess is that your source footage is 1920x1080 with a Pixel Aspect Ratio of 1.0.

Point being, check your source footage to make sure what resolution it is. If you have 1920x1080 with a Pixel Aspect Ratio of 1.0 make sure that yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wilson,

Sorry about that. Your settings look OK. You can try Software Encoding in Video > Encoding Settings as a test. Let us know what happens.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, 

Thank you for the reply. I tried using software encoding and its the same result. 

these are my setting before i export

Wilson25325606evae_0-1658412016722.png

Thanks, 

Wilson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing it at actual size after export or some other size (such as full screen)?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, 

I am viewing it at full screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the resolution of your monitor? Your video is 1440 x 1080--if you look at it on a 4K or larger monitor, it will be viewed at least 200% or larger. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2560x1440

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are viewing your video at appx. 130% larger than its natural size. Try viewing it at 100%. That amount of enlargement shouldn't make it blurry, but it would look soft. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Wilson25325606evae

One thing that sticks out is that your Sequence Settings is 1440x1080 with a Pixel Aspect Ratio of 1.333. This is the same settings as HDV that in itself are kind of obsolete today. A wild guess is that your source footage is 1920x1080 with a Pixel Aspect Ratio of 1.0.

Point being, check your source footage to make sure what resolution it is. If you have 1920x1080 with a Pixel Aspect Ratio of 1.0 make sure that your Sequence Settings match that, and make sure that your export settings match that. Any mismatch, such as placing 1920x1080 on a 1440x1080 sequence and then export it to 1440x1080 will cause the export to look blurry.

You are using hardware encoding as well. Software looks better. Using a higher bitrate can be a good idea to test as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not an expert in this area, but I seem to remember the 1440x1080 was a way to save space on flash cards. It was supposed to be converted to 1920x1080 upon export using the camera's software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines