• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video is choppy after Exporting 5K Gopro Video

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone I recently got a GoPro 10 and I am trying to edit my 5K video but when I export my final product the video is laggy/choppy. If I export it in 4K resolution it is completely fine. This is my first time working with 5K video so I am not for sure what I am doing wrong. I have my export summary posted below. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 8.32.41 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The computer I have is a 2017 mac pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First check it's not a software playback issue on the iMac. Are you watching the exported video back using QuickTime Player?

If so also play it back in VLC (free download) on your iMac and see if playback is better.

We've had some issues with QuickTime Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it was a QuickTime Player issue. When I exported the video via HEVC it played smooth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear. I've also noticed that QuickTime player issues get worse (at least with H.264 files) the longer they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playing back a 5k file in long-GOP encoding such as H.264/5 is a rough thing for most computers. And I don't know any normal use for 5k files as a deliverable ... so it might be a case of overkill.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Remember, your MacBook Pro doesn't even have a 4k display, so anything you try to play back (especially 5k) is being scaled in addition to the normal difficulties these files place on your hardware. As others have said, QuickTime has been neglected for quite some time and is not a good indication of how the file should be playing back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines