• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Laggy After Export - 1 clip only

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  Does anybody know how to resolve laggy video after exporting?  I exported my video and only one small 3 second clip appears to be laggy and I cannot for the life of me figure out why.  The clip is shot in 23.976 and it's on a 23.976 timeline.  Thanks any help appreciated!

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot of the properties of your source media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Handbrake to convert to constant frame rate before importing into Premiere Pro:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Shutter Encoder may also be used to convert to Constant Frame Rate:
https://www.shutterencoder.com/en/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the response!  I'll definitely give this a try.  However, did want to also ask do you know why I have to do this?  I have edited a couple videos before with different frame rates but for some reason never had this issue.  Also, why is only one clip affected that is not shot at a different frame rate?  Thank!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seanf_0-1702938188841.jpeg

This should hopefully help, let me know if I did it wrong.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without a lot more data, including the information from MediaInfo that PeruBob correctly requested, we couldn't even guess.

Just because a clip is "the same fps" or is also the same codec ... doesn't mean the actual written file is written the same exact way. Or that all potential variables in that format/codec are set identically. And with many codecs, there can be wide variations in parts of how the file is created and encoded and written to disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok interesting, you would just need the data from media file?  Sorry I don't really understand, semi-new to this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. That is why Peru Bob asked for a screengrab of the data of the file from MediaInfo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would I need to put in the entire finished exported video or only the clip affected?  I'm just worried I'll have to re-edit the damn thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Download and install MediaInfo, it's a free utility app.

Then drag/drop the original file onto the MediaInfo icon on your desktop.

MediaInfo opens, and get a view that includes the video and audio stream information. Make a screengrab of the video data.

Drag/drop that onto the text reply box of this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I added it to Peru bob's original comment, is that the info we're looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines