Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video not being recognised when editing to Timeline - Audio only

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having huge issues importing videos.  I've tried various sources but on each ocassion, only the audio is being recognised and there is no video playback or track presence on the sequence.  I've tried clearing caches and re-started, but to no avail.  I've been trying to import clips from a Sony Experia and have also tried after recording via the DJI Mimo app. 

Any suggestions welcoemd!

Many thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for helping.  That seems to have done it! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. icon_smile.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amy,

FYI: Importing and editing to the Timeline are two different actions.

To be clear, importing is for placing footage into a Project. Choose File > Import. Clips then appear in the Project panel. You can make folders called bins to sort the footage. It's the first step in getting a project organized.

Editing is for placing clips into the Timeline. You do this after you import clips into a project.

It may help to have these terms and functions clear in your mind. They are not synonymous and can be confusing to those that are helping you here on forums.

I think some people drag clips directly into the Timeline from Finder and Explorer, which can work, but can create problems down the road.

I changed your title slightly to reflect your actual issue. I hope that's OK.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First of all, ensure that the video files you're trying to import are in a compatible format supported by your video editing software. Update your software to the latest version and check if any necessary codecs are missing. Try converting the videos to a different codec using a video conversion tool if needed.

Additionally, test importing videos from different sources to see if the problem is specific to certain files or more widespread. Updating device drivers and reinstalling the software can also help resolve the issue. If these steps don't solve the problem, it's advisable to seek assistance from the support team or community forums of your video editing software for further guidance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines