• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video not looping seamlessly after export from Premiere.

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm trying to get a clip to loop seamlessly, it's loops perfectly in Premiere but once rendered out and played back in VLC or MPC there's a perceptible lag at the loop point. I'm rendering out to MP4 using H.264 codec.

I know the video players can play loops cleanly as I've downloaded looped footage from shutterstock and they play fine.

Interestingly when I load a shutterstock clip into Premiere and export it, it develops the same seam around the loop point.

Is there anything special you have to do to export a clip that loops cleanly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

I get your results using VLC and Windows Media Player, and tried a variety of formats and gop settings.

Lots of threads on the web about this. PlaybackPro gets good comments, but Mac only.

I see a tiny glitch in the shutterstock examples. The best ones are paying careful attention to content. Absolutely no movement at that point, and no audio.

An option to use: add your content in PR multiple times, so in playback, you have glitch free repeats most of the time. Many viewers will miss the one real

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then how does this guy do it!? Make A Video Loop Using Premiere Pro - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As he says at 2:05 into the tutorial:

"This video will loop seamlessly if you use it in a program with that purpose"

such as if you use QuickTime Player and turn on the looping function:

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 12.29.16 PM.png

Your only other alternative would be to export the  video as an animated GIF, which will loop, but is not a video file.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to be clear, you can create a looped file within Premier on the edit screen (Button Editor > Loop), save it, but you still need to setup a loop function in whatever program you are playing back in, e.g. Quicktime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

richardc57400584  wrote

So to be clear, you can create a looped file within Premier on the edit screen (Button Editor > Loop), save it, but you still need to setup a loop function in whatever program you are playing back in, e.g. Quicktime?

Yes, looping is always done by the app playing back the file. There is nothing that can be embedded in the file during export to turn on this feature in the player that will eventually being playing back the file - you'll need to manually set it to loop in whatever app is playing back your file.

The exception to this is if you are encoding a DVD, or Blu-Ray - you can set it up so that the disc will play on insertion and loop continuously. But note that this is not an instruction embedded in the video file itself, the looping instruction is in the special metadata that instructs the DVD player what to do with that file.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, answers the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, i had the same problem working with Windows 10 and Photoshop CC and i probably found a soultion:

I created a Cinemagraph and i did the split technique to get a smooth and endless loop where you can't see a start and an end. However, it was the same for me. When i played it in Photoshop, the loop was perfect and once i rendered it to an mp4 file you clearly saw a pause when it jumped from the end to the start. I also tried the solution where you manually loop your video in Photoshop several times so don't have this lag every time it jumps to the start, but it didn't satisfy me somehow... so this is what i did:

- I created my Cinemagraph/Video/Whatever in Photoshop CC

- Rendered it as an mp4 (now i have this litte lag)

- Then i opened the mp4 file in Premiere Pro CC

- Then i duplicated the video file (Or three times)

- Activated the endless loop in Premiere

- Rendered it again as mp4.

Yes i know, you may have some quality losses, but if you only do it once it'll be fine...

I don't know why, but now i can play it in different players and the passage to the start is smooth...

Hope it works for you as well!

Cheers

EDIT:

I have been glad too early: Seems like it worked for the first Cinemagraph, the second has the same lag as before... I really don't get it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, im having the same problem. Its not possible to get a seamless Loop after exporting it from After Effects or Premiere. Anyone else got a solution on that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been creating seamless looping videos for over a year now and the main issue is compression with AME.  My videos will loop seamless in AE and when exported as ProRes4444 (from AE).  I can open the 4444 video in quicktime, set the video to loop and it will loop perfectly every time.  The problem, more often than not, is the delivery is to be MP4 and this is where the issue appears.  When exporting to mp4 through AME (trying many different settings) there is almost always an extra frame added.  You can check this in Quicktime.  First open the video and then pull the playhead all the way to the right, you will notice a black frame.

Here is my solve:  DON'T USE AME FOR SEAMLESS LOOPING MP4s.  I have been using Handbrake to create my MP4s from ProRes4444.  The difference is obvious when comparing an MP4 from AME to Handbrake.  I do not understand exactly why this is but my MP4s out of handbrake always loops like I want them to and when you pull the playhead all the way to the right you will notice it actually ends on the "last frame".

Short Answer:  AME adds extra frames, use something like Handbrake (It's free) to compress an MOV to MP4.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you David! I was able to export a large file from AE instead of AME, like I normally would, and then compressed with handbrake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It Works great! BIG THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I found when creating looped videos and exporting them, is the loop would freeze for a split second at the beginning  before continuing the loop

what i found it is the  audio track messing it up,  the solution I do is export it, import it into adobe premiere export it again this time with audio track unchecked and the loop works great...  hope this helps someone

or do the whole thing in premeire and export without the audio box checked, works great... I hope adobe  make that a option in photoshop to export without the audio track

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. Been tearing my hair out over this issue. It was indeed the Export Audio option. Loops seamlessly without audio checked. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not helpful for those of us who need the audio... Really not helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried rendering the video without audio? Compressed audio can trip up a loop. You can also set your keyframe distance to be 1, so every frame is a keyframe. I have had this issue where AE file loops perfectly. Then when I convert to MP4 with AAC audio codec, it doesn't smoothly go over the loop point. Removing audio and setting keyframe distance to 1 solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I need audio 😞 How do I loop it seamlessly with audio? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No ways for seamless video with AUDIO?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines