• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Video playback for timeline and clip preview stops working, everything else functions. (MAC)

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The past day I've been trying to edit a video on Premiere Pro 23.0, but have been running into an error in which after a couple minutes of opening up the project and getting started, the playback and audio stops working (cannot pause or play) and whatever clip I was last on, freezes in the playback.  Although, I can still scroll through the timeline, add effects, chop up clips, and basically do anything else but see any playback.

I've tried: Starting a new project, Restarting Premiere, Reinstalling Premiere, Clearing all of my cache files, Switching audio hardware back and forth, Resetting my saved layouts, Showing previewed area, Creating new video/audio preview folders.

I still can't find a fix and need to get work done. Please help.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is your footage located on your local drive or an external drive? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines