• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VIDEO PLAYBACK FREEZES (playback resolution 1/8)

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm a MacBook user: macOS Big Sur 11.4 version. M1, 13.3 inch. 16GB RAM.

I uploaded 4K, 4:2:2 video to Premiere Pro (version 22.0). The video freezes so much that I'm unable to watch it, let alone edit it. It lags even though I set its playback resolution to 1/8 without even dropping it to the timeline.

The videos freeze even when I create/activate proxies. When I drop the same videos to Final Cut, they play perfectly without any lags, freezes even when the proxies are not activated.

I contacted the Apple Service for this problem before coming to you and since I do not have any waiting software updates or the same lag problem when using other apps, they told me to contact Adobe services because the problem is probably not related to my MacBook.

I deleted the media cache, decreased the playback resolution so much, set the "RAM reserved for other applications" on memory, but the video is still not playing.

What might be the problem? Can you help me please?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erol23461755nipo,

We're sorry to hear about this. Which camera was used to capture these files? Are these files recorded at 10 bit & 120fps? Also, have you tried the latest beta release of Premiere Pro to check if it's working properly? You may refer to this link to know more about the Creative Cloud beta program.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sumeet,

Fujifilm XT-4 was used to capture these files and the files were recorded at 10 bit & 60 fps and 24 fps. I downloaded the beta release as you suggested and it worked well even in the absence of proxies. So, can I continue to work on beta without any of the prior problems? What’s going to happen next? I mean, is using beta a permanent solution?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines