Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Source Flickering Line

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric22345267cfwe_0-1651071460610.png

So the problem appeared from the video source in post production, idk what's the issue name is, could'nt find any solution in Youtube/Google. Hope someone can help me to fix the video, thank you.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean in "pre production"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this effect move vertically down the screen? Might be some lighting in the room was at a different frequency to the camera record.

Say some LEDs or Flourescent lighting?

i.e. 60hertz lighting and 25fps camera record.

It also looks a bit like video hum .. but generally this has not been an issue since analog TV days.

Either way Flicker Free from Digital Anarchy can help reduce and possibly remove this entirely. There are also other flicker fixers from BorisFX (inside the Continuum plugin set) and DEFlicker from REVision Effects. I'd suggest (to start) downloading a trial version of Flicker Free to test.

Of course there is a cost involved and render times to fix this can be extensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello thank you for answering, the effect doesn't move vertically down, it's just freezing on the screen without movement. And i'll  take the advice to download third party plugins. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve, i already tried using trial version of flicker free, but it still didn't change anything of my footage, do you another plan B to fix the footage? thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The flicker plugins (as you've discovered) can only work if the banding is moving. 

I've racked my brains trying to figure out a way I'd try and fix this ... got nothing, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines