• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video story book

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a (relatively) large project composed of a serfies of 5-6 minute videos, each on a specific subject. For example, there will be a video on a specific shark species; another on a specific type of fish, another on lobster... and so on. Probably about 15-20 such topical videos.  I want to create a master index video which in 30 seconds of so, introduces each and allows a hot link to the specific clip. I see how to create a master file in Power Point, but cannot figure out how to do it in Premiere or other Adobe video app.

An example of a video to be included is on FB at:

https://www.facebook.com/neal.langerman/videos/702654624341626

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Thank you

Neal

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

You should view Premiere Pro as the tool that creates the invidual assets (videos), not the interaction layer that connects them. This really is beyond any NLE and part of an interaction design realm, where you code specific actions.

Inside YouTube you can create hotspots that will link one video to another. In terms of production, you would need to create an additional section of, say 30 seconds, at the end of your video that will link back to one or more other videos on the same platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro doesn't support links.

Are you trying to do something like a menu on a DVD?

I haven't used this, but I'm tempted to download the trial:

https://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tpxc.html#spec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that you're looking for features of a DVD software. Even though Premiere Elements does some nice things with making DVD's it's probably not deep enough for what you're describing. I'd look at other DVD softwares outside of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want to burn a DVD. But the DVD menu model fits. Pegasis looks interesting. I will explore further as I develop the project ideas.

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the record I use Premiere Pro, not Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should view Premiere Pro as the tool that creates the invidual assets (videos), not the interaction layer that connects them. This really is beyond any NLE and part of an interaction design realm, where you code specific actions.

Inside YouTube you can create hotspots that will link one video to another. In terms of production, you would need to create an additional section of, say 30 seconds, at the end of your video that will link back to one or more other videos on the same platform.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines