• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video too long jumps to black

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fairly new to Premiere Pro, so am still learning.

I am creating a video where I imported a series of images and turned them into a short movie. I was able to slow it down, smooth it out, and pause it at the end. But it is 1:25 in length, and it seems to want to export it at 1:26. That means it just cuts to black, but I want it to end with the scene frozen at the end. And I can't seem to figure this out.

Every time I try to search it brings up how to edit clips within the project, not the end product.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

You cannot. A player will always play the entire movie including the last frame (freeze or no freeze frame) and will stop beyond the last frame which is black or rather nothing, a void.

Even Premiere does that. Play the timeline and it will stop after the last frame.

Just to be clear post a screenshot of the export settings with the left tab to output.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot. A player will always play the entire movie including the last frame (freeze or no freeze frame) and will stop beyond the last frame which is black or rather nothing, a void.

Even Premiere does that. Play the timeline and it will stop after the last frame.

Just to be clear post a screenshot of the export settings with the left tab to output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks. I misunderstood what was happening. I posted this before I exported the video, which I was still trying to get right.

What threw me off was that it was exporting a video that I thought was a second longer than what I created. But it doesn't play any black part, just shuts down, and looping results in it playing repeatedly.

For a project I am trying to learn this process it would require either freezing on the last scene or looping. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a project I am trying to learn this process it would require either freezing on the last scene or looping. 

By @The_Mage

Neither is possible.

A loop is set in the player used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that. I was just putting the context in how I wanted it used.

All of this should work with Ren'Py. If the beginning and end scenes match, the loop should be seamless. I haven't checked with the video, but without looping I believe it would stop on the last scene if there's a pause. I plan on using both

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @The_Mage

You can do either with VLC Player:

https://www.vlchelp.com/define-action-vlc-playlist-ends/#:~:text=In%20the%20left%2C%20scroll%20and,i....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The project involves Ren'Py, not VLC player. But I have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines