• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video will not play in timeline but audio will

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been working in this project for weeks, today when I play the timeline I can hear the audio but no video plays in the progam monitor.  in the timeline I can see the video thumbnails.  Things I have already tried are: 1. cleared all cache 2. updated my nvidia graphics driver. 3. restarted computer mulitple times

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Hardware or GPU , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Ok here's what worked! every clip that was causing my program monitor to go black I deleted the applied lumetri color effect, saved the file and reopend and voila - all the clips play now.  I didn't do anything special in lumetri some just had a simple basic correction applied but when I removed it they came back.  I then reapplied lumetri color and they are still showing so this was a funky bug or something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I just turned off GPU acceleration (CUDA) and the video shows up now but I can't edit very well like this.  Like I said I updated my graphics driver BECAUSE of this issue not before this issue so not sure what to do next??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 2: I opened a completely diff project and premiere was working fine with CUDA enabled.  So went back to original project and enabled CUDA and the video was showing but after scrubbing for a second it went out again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peru thanks for the suggestions, I tried everyone of them but none worked.  Really thought you were onto something with the importing into new project - I remember doing that a few times a few versions ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: so this project I'm working with has like 30 sequences - it was a conference with 17 speakers. Anywho I just realized that only one of the sequences is causing this problem.  If I close this sequence, save the project, reopen file - all the other sequences work fine. If I reopen that one sequence the program monitor goes black and no other sequences work. This is some vodu level funk. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think clearing preview files in addition to the cache files should solve the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok here's what worked! every clip that was causing my program monitor to go black I deleted the applied lumetri color effect, saved the file and reopend and voila - all the clips play now.  I didn't do anything special in lumetri some just had a simple basic correction applied but when I removed it they came back.  I then reapplied lumetri color and they are still showing so this was a funky bug or something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines