• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Video with HDR (iPhone cinema mode) and normal Full-HD/SD footage - Export?

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

I have edited a video with HDR, HD and SD shots and also already put color filters over the videos. In the editor everything looks perfect, just not after exporting.
In some export settings the HDR shots are way too bright and in some the HD/SD shots are a bit purple.

I hope someone can help me with which settings I should export the sequence.

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to set everything in the same color management in the timeline.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann. 

I googled a few things and the following video helped me a lot. For those of you who have the same problem:

YouTube: Premiere Pro V22 - Understanding Color Spaces, HDR, and what that might mean to you (from Karl Soule)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In text (not YouTube) what this all means ... you need to do basic user setup to color management in all projects from the Pr2022 version and forward.

All clips must be color managed by the user to the color space of the sequence if they do not match coming in. So any form of HDR clips/media used on an SDR/Rec.709 sequence need to be managed to Rec.709 in the project panel.

Select one or more clips in a bin, right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage, go to the bottom, set the Override option to Rec.709.

Then make sure your sequences CM in the Sequence Settings dialog is Rec.709, and use 'standard' Rec.709 export presets.

If you want to work in HLG or PQ, forms of HDR, then you need to set everything to the particular HDR format you're wanting to use ... in most cases, HLG. And use an HDR export preset that matches your HLG or PQ sequence.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

great post Neil...  nice to have it in a concise easily understandble form...  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines