• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videos are inserted as images in Premiere Pro 2021

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fresh install of adobe premiere turns a specific video I need to edit into an image when inserted to the media browser and timeline... it is an mp4 file and I don't know why that file specifically is causing problems

I have tried resetting preferences, deleting media cache, opening up a new project and turning off hardware acceleration but it doesn't work 😞

The file is 20 minutes long and can be played thorougly without windows media player detecting any problems, though I couldn't share it here because it has sensitive information. Filmora's free plan still managed to import the video without any issues

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depending on the contents of the MP4 "container" file, it may not be editable.  Two routes to go down.  One is to examine the file looking for specific components with something like the (free) program called MediaInfo.  The other is to try converting it to something more editable with the (also free) Handbrake program.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines