Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 29.97

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 00:00:39:15

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

VR Projection: None

adobe.jpg

Although the duration is 1:19 (one minute 19 seconds) when importing to adobe it shows 39 seconds. The video and the audio are also not in sync. The issue happens both with adobe premier pro 2017 and premier elements 15 (which both are installed on my PC). Another strange thing is when I pause the playback it shows a different picture than the one it was on. However the playback ends after 39 seconds and not 1:19 as the actual duration is.

This is not an issue with the movie or the computer power.

When I import the same movie to windows live movie maker it imports the full length on the movie 1:19 and there are no sync issues between video and audio.

The only thing I can think about is that I installed premier elements 15 while the premier pro 2017 was already installed. Could it have caused some issue? If not, what can be the problem?

Thank you,

Amir

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note, the folks I was talking about with all the constant chatter about networking server setups ... are all running Resolve. That ain't no magic bullet either.

And yes, it would be good if Adobe was a bit more helpful on data movement solutions somehow.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my problem, thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It just happened to me recently.

I lost some part of my video, because I convert it to the mp4 using VCL, and VCL is not a proper software for converting video.

My tutor suggests me to use Handbreak, you can download it, and also donwload the supporting software: net framework here: https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/8bc41df1-cbb4-4da6-944f-6652378e9196/1014aac...

After download and install both of them, you can convert your video to mp4, and voila, you can put it in the sequence in a full duration.

Hope this will help. Because it helps me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Shelia5E23 

thank you for sharing your experience.
Did i undestand you correctly . You transcoded your material BEFORE importing it into premierepro , and then lost some length during import (false duration) !?

That was solved then by using handbrake (before import).!?

Unfortunately , that workflow would mean , that we have always to transcode everything before using it in premierepro .
That is in our timecritical business nearly impossible ,and would cause every editor to massivly complain about ... why had we/ why shall we move to the very unpopular premierepro ..away from the longtime beloved mediacomposer .....  one main reason was the ability to use nearly every codec/wrapper directly without transcoding .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip Shelia5E23 - Handbreak did the trick.

Source file was a 39min.mp4 that was coming out at 23 mins with half the audio missing when dragged into Premiere. Tested on different machines and same result. Bizarre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue.

1) Also, displaying ZEBRA LINES on Timeline.

2) Grab and drop file into premiere, also changed the video duration from 42s to 3s. (Why Adobe?)

3) Playing video on VLC works fine.

4) Those two videos have Warp Stabilizer.

Here is My fix:

Going on Windows Explore> Find the file> Rename it or just add one letter. (My Premiere pro was open)

I Already tried one method before: Right click on sequence from timeline > Replace with clip> From Bin (Didn't changed anything)

NOTE:

The entire project has video format from Filmic Pro app. Not a problem, since already exported the media and I just worked fine. Until TODAY, tried to work again on same project, and I had this issue right now.

Didn't changed file location, nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the "zebra-lines" --- 100% exactly the same behaviour as here.

May I ask ..... is it possible that the original clipname /filename ist possibly existing two or more times ?

(f.e : the camera is starting every new formated card with the same name ----- in case of filmicpro i doubt it, sounds more like IPhone ..always generating a new name ... but maybe during exporting the filmic-pro timeline...the same name was used/created multiple times !?)

Maybe in different projects , and different bins... and maybe used during the last weeks !?

As I have found out it is 100% reproducable in our case , if it is as described.

If you find the same clip /filename ... and import that as well , then edit it on top of the zebra-line-clip.... you might notice , that it exactly matches the "playable, non-zebra, area....

that means , that for sure , the mediacache , as always is responsible for this ..... for whatever reason , if the cache has information about a particular name (even in different locations) , it checks at every subsequent import if there is already information about this name ... and in case of a match .... it applies it falsely to that new clip...... but only for the metadata duration..... the path to the clips, and therefor the content stays the same .

I could reproduce it sevaral times with versions 14.9 an 15.4 in the last few days.
I cannot tell why it is not happening always , and what causes it , if it already was imported well... playable in the timeline ... then after a restart ...it appears as "zebra-lined" ......

but one thing is proven shure .... it has nothing to do with the storage (as we where told by .....)....

thank you for the information ... we desperately need all these hints to find a solution by ourselfs ... the adobe-support left us completely alone without any sing of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines