• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videos to the timeline

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand new to Premier Pro and still finding my way around. I can import images and videos easily enough. I can click and drag images to the timeline but I can't do that with the videos. Is it because they're stored on the cloud? Ron 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a local drive to store your assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann said, you should have all assets on a local drive when working on them. Premiere doesn't seem to load up videos to play when they are on a network drive as it can't access them fast enough for proper playback. It's best to put all videos on an internal drive if possible, worst case an external drive, definitely not a network drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only cloud service I know of where you can work with cloud-stored media in PrPro is LucidLink. IF you have a pretty high-speed both-ways internet connection. The "virtual drive' mechanism on the local machine gets past Premiere's issues, and the way they work with media up/down is near magical.

Dropbox/Wetransfer/OneDrive and etc. can't do it worth trying.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines