• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Virtual Software Hosting Platform

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I think I'm looking for a unicorn here.  I am a high school teacher, teaching Premiere Pro (yes, has to be PP) for video editing & certification.  As you all are well aware, Covid changed education, and many students are opting to take courses online.   Our district attempted to build a windows server to host the Adobe Creative Cloud for our students.... in short, epic fail!  It's been a year and I get at least one email a day from a student or parent complaining that they can't access the software (more accurately it will not function properly without an extensive lag time).  

* School issued laptops are only 4G Ram and do not support Premiere Pro

* Not all students have a home computer they can download the software on with their license. 

* Virtual server had RAM increased to 32G with no effect on the software performance.

* Students experienced even more lag when they were trying to connect from home and not to the school's internet.

Does anyone have a suggestion on a virtual software host?  One that students would simply need to navigate to a website from any device at any location and be able to access Premiere Pro, log in with their enterprise license, and edit?  I've found BeBop Technology and am researching them.  Would love to find an option that also offers AutoDesk/AutoCad, Revit for our drafting students. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kevin-Monahan @caroline_edits  ... this would be something I think you'd have to help with.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines