• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Virus found inside Adobe Premiere pro subfolder. What is it? Should I worry? And who is to blame?

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AVG antivirus quarantined the file libnode.dylib, found in this location:

/Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018.app/Contents/MacOS/CEPHtmlEngine.app/Contents/Frameworks/Chromium Embedded Framework.framework/libnode.dylib

The modification date on these folder are from 14. may. The same day I updated to the latest Premiere Pro version.

The virus is described by AVG as "MacOS:Agent-CQ [Trj]

I have no idea what this means. I use this computer exclusively for editing work and I never go to risky websites or install software that I don't know what is.

What it looks like to me, is that there was a virus of some kind installed as part of the latest premiere update or in some other way embedded into premiere files or otherwise connected to Premiere Pro.

I am concerned because I material on my computer that belongs to clients and is sometimes sensitive and confidential.

Could someone explain to me what this is and how it may have happened.

I would feel uncomfortable taking responsibility for my clients materiale until this has been answered.

I'm on a IMac2017 5K, 2,4Ghz i7// 40GB ram

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

I do not know your OS but from what I see it seems to be a Frameworks library, what I do know is the havoc that the AVG antivirus does to Premiere, if you do not want to have problems with the program I recommend that you change the antivirus.

Premiere Pro errors caused by AVG antivirus software

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know your OS but from what I see it seems to be a Frameworks library, what I do know is the havoc that the AVG antivirus does to Premiere, if you do not want to have problems with the program I recommend that you change the antivirus.

Premiere Pro errors caused by AVG antivirus software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would install a different virus program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An up-to-date version of ClamXAV just flagged CEPHtmlEngine.app as a virus for me too after I updated Creative Cloud, so it's not just AVG. The virus was identfied as

Osx.Exploit.CVE_2021_4034-995152

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Windows Defender instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tough to do on my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Halo Fran's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines