Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Visual Tutorial of Premiere's Tools?

Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I went to film school, I've edited projects. I'm now again returning years later to use Premiere.

As far as I'm (still) concerned Premiere tools have 'Cut' and a bunch of other tools that slide back and forth.  

I keep watching tutorials of people talking about how these tools differ. Pff, whatever. It feels like learning object oriented programming where people are telling me the difference between classes and objects....Whatever, they group stuff. 

Now I'm faced with a bunch of tools that roll back and forth. Is there a concise visual tutorial that can translate this? I don't really need these tools to edit but I'd really like to know the equipment for what it is. 

Does anybody know of a tutorials that translates this well and visually? Not just tells me how it moves the edit differently. I get vertigo listening to the explanation. 

Thanks so much.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s. I think the real struggle I have with these visual tutorials is you can't tell if/if not or where the video is being tugged...or not. It's just a bunch of layer cut lines slipping around. I can't tell what's truly moving. Just cuz you slide the edit I can't tell if it's the edit only or the whole piece of video. Then it gets multiplied with options. It's just not clear.

Like, visually, if you you moved a window in Photoshop, does the photo stick to the window edge or stay put and the window moves over it? All the sliding in these editor just doesn't convey any of it without explanation which just never comes across clear to me with a bunch of adverbs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Linkedin Learning is an excellent resource.

They have a 30 day trial:

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines