• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Voice over not recording in Premier Pro 2021 CC

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried recommendations in previous post that go through checking system preferences, making sure premiere pro has access in security seetings, nothing works. 

Set up: MacBook Pro running Big Sur version 11.5.1 and it is up to date. Premiere Pro 2021, also up top date.

I have both the system settings and premiere pro setting to use the internal mic. Screen shots showing all the correct settings and that the voice over record setting in the timeline are picking up my voice levels

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 1.44.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-26 at 1.44.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-26 at 1.46.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-26 at 2.02.50 PM.png

Here is the timeline, I put bars and tone down, You can see on the right it is showing my voice levels, I can hear myself coming out of the speakers. but when I stop, nothing shows up in the timeline.

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 1.56.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-26 at 1.43.48 PM.png

And I have restarted the computer.... still no fix. 

Anyone? 

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Peru Bob !!!

I had just moved to new computer so followed your suggestion of starting a new project. However, for the new project I imported and added a video clip to the time line first, then narrated. 

The task at hand was to lay down some quick audio and then find some clips to go with it so I could show someone a direction I thought we could go for a project. So I had grabbed bars and tone, then tried to record audio and for some reason that caused the glitch.

But all good now. Apprecite you helping me solve the issue. 

Jake 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's good to know you've got it working. icon_biggrin.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and this worked for me.

Windows 10 PC with Premiere pro 22.1.2 build

I could not record audio, but input and settings all seemed correct. But I could record voice over in previous projects if I reopened them. So I imported the current project into a new project and it started working! Very wierd problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

resetting preferences solved it for me in Premiere 2022 just now, thank you for the troubleshooting tips!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines