• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Voiceover jumps to 0s

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to dub voice over from English to Dutch in Premiere Pro and the recording always starts at 0s when there is an In and Out. I am bound to make an error when I delete I/O. I need the recording to start at the PLAYHEAD. Like in the old days with tape...

This was a Tweet to @adobecare where ^KM asked me to move the question to here...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't help thinking that the Premiere forum might be a better place to post this than the Audition forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks SteveG.

That is funny (or sad maybe), I got this link from Adobe Customer Care: https://twitter.com/AdobeCare/status/1008750991192285184

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well now you've mentioned 'Customer Care', that explains a bit - they read 'voice over' but didn't take any note of the software you were using! Try posting it here: Premiere Pro CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad, Steve. Sorry about that Embin89

Not sure how in the world I thought "Audition" when reading about your VO issue. It's been a long day.
Let's move the discussion over to Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Embin,

Can we get some more info? Are you using the VO tool? It should work as expected when setting In and Out points. Can't you merely place the Playhead on a desired In point? If that's an issue, let us know more details.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the late reply, it has been a busy week

I'm using the little mic in the sequencer, When IN and OUT are in the beginning and end of the part of the video I am working on, I can place the playhead where I want the record. But when I hit the little mic the playhead jumps to 0s (where in this case IN is).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a video where I explain my problem. Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan​ Any news on this? No hurries but maybe you missed the video I posted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Embin,

The documentation states that you should set an "In/Out range" prior to making recordings. Sorry for that extra step: Record audio and create voiceovers in Premiere Pro

If you would like to change the default behavior, make that request here: Premiere Pro: Hot (1776 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found if I clear my project in and out points, I can then record the voiceovers from wherever I set the playhead.  Once complete I than reinsert my in and out points.  You don't have to do it over and over, just once to keep it from going back to the beginning, then after your VO's are complete. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thread, but I am *suddenly* having this same problem.  I've performed dozens of voice overs with no problem, using a USB mic, and starting my voice over narration wherever the playhead is.  All of a sudden, today, the playhead returns to the beginning of the timeline whenever I want to voice over, and then it WIPES OUT and previous audio on the timeline.  This is making voice over functionally impossible.  Please help.  I haven't changed ANY settings, since I successfully did a narration with voice over last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exact same issue since yesterday! dont know how to solve it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has confused me before. I just tested (PR 14.8), and it is working as usual for me. But the in/out point will create what you are seeing. For example, if you set an in point at the very beginning of the sequence, it automatically acts as if you have set an in and out for the full sequence. Similarly, if you set an out point anywhere on the sequence, there is no "in point" set, but it treats it as if there is. So whether you set only an in or an out or both, they override the CTI as the start point.

Just to see if that is it, use Markers -> Clear In and Out; then try again.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I found this out yesterday, what a pain. It will not record where the playhead is, but if you set an IN point in the sequence where you want to start, that has fixed it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear. If this was NOT working, and you set an in point and it fixed it, you probably already had an in and/or out point "set." If you clear both, it will also start at the playhead.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CNTRL + X = Clear in and Out Point

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NOOO, I was wrong. 

you need to right-click the timeline and select clear in and out 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines