Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VST Startup Scan Freezes

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having some issues when starting adobe premier cc, it goes through the vst scanning and gets stuck on some of the plugins.  If I hit cancel the application opens up, but I have to do this each time?

I've tried disabling all the plugins in the preferences and it still scans at startup :/. Is there a way to disable VST scanning?  Removing them is not an option since I use them for audio production purposes.

I've also tried reinstalling adobe premier.

System specs and screenshots below:

Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 9.09.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 9.00.48 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

I was able to fix the issue.

I basically had to watch the process and see which file it was sticking on.  I had to remove two 32bit plugins from my VST directory (Valhalla DSP Plugins).  I don't need or want to use 32bit if I can avoid it, and the two removed both have 64 bit versions.  The default installer options for Valhalla installs both.

I then had to remove the Reaktor Audio Unit from the Component directory.  Since I move between PC and MAC I try to stick to VSTs as much as possible. 

Ever

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix the issue.

I basically had to watch the process and see which file it was sticking on.  I had to remove two 32bit plugins from my VST directory (Valhalla DSP Plugins).  I don't need or want to use 32bit if I can avoid it, and the two removed both have 64 bit versions.  The default installer options for Valhalla installs both.

I then had to remove the Reaktor Audio Unit from the Component directory.  Since I move between PC and MAC I try to stick to VSTs as much as possible. 

Everything seems to work now with starting adobe.  I still get some crashes when closing but ill search or open a new thread for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, Adobe Premiere should be able to isolate plugins causing issue, quarantine them and then continue the scan. Scanning works in every DAW and Software I use. They all scan without issue. Only Premiere gets stuck all the time. I gave up on this feature and just keep canceling it. It's just another one of those sloopy integrations a la Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines