• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp Stabiliser isn't working! Anyone else having this issue? M1 Max

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, im using M1 max 32GB ram. This is my first project on this laptop.
I'm trying to apply warp stabilizer on some clips but nothing is happenning.
I've tried to nest,but still nothing. It looks like the stabilizer is working, i can see the percentage 
reaching 100% but after it finishes i see no difference. I usually see a bit of cropping after the procedure
is done but there is no crop and nothing changes.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cut the clip into shorter parts and try, does that get it working?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Neil
I tried both.. applying to the whole video and smaller part of the video. 
Nothing seems to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like his algorithm at all. The image is deformed and floats at minimal settings. I don't want to install anything third-party. Neil, I think this tool needs to be improved. What do you say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warp was originally built for fixing short bits of clips where there was no possibility of re-shooting. And the use has of course grown way past that. They have upped the capabilities of it some, and certainly have it processing better than the original version.

That said it still is amazingly resource-stealing. And doesn't always do well still with longer clips, and some types of motion. Always could take some improvement.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Galini5FA7,

My team tried to reproduce the issue you are facing, but no luck till now. We need to repro this first and then get to fixing, it would be helpful if you can share a sample project/timeline on which we can check the issue. 

Also, can you confirm the following:

1.  Is the 'Analyze' button active or in disabled state after the stabilization is completed?
  2.  Does the issue resolve on unchecking 'Fast Analysis' under the 'Advanced' section in the effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Swati, I am having the same issue. I have tried your steps with no luck. I just get a white screen. I am running the latest version of prem on a M1 Max 64gig.. Can confirm that this was working when I first got this mac last year.. could be the latest release???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Warp Stabilizer isn't working inside PPro, consider creating a dynamically linked composition inside After Effects (right-click, Replace with After Effects Composition) and try to do your stabilization there.

In general, it's never a good idea to apply Warp Stabilizer to full clips, only on short parts (cuts) that need it.

Although it should work inside PPro, perhaps this workaround will get you where you need to be.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warp Stabilizer requires an update.

He is outdated and is not able to fulfill his assignment now. I think it works disgusting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not disgusted by any of the tools I use for editing; that's a qualification I use for other things in life... 😉

Warp Stabilizer is not a panacea; it's a tool that can help you salvage shots, not a magic wand you apply to any bad shot and expect miracles to happen.

That being said, if you understand how it works, you can work with it just fine. In my experience, if you're not getting the results you want (the infamous wobble effect) it's often the result of stabilization happening in both fore and background or multiple objects moving at once (possibly in opposite direction).

In such cases, sending over the clip to Ae and then doing frame by frame adjustments in which you tell Ae what part to stabilize on will make a huge difference in the end result. In this apprach you're deliberately choosing data points that should be discarded by Warp.

Just try it. You might like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not deny in AE 🙌. I don't like Premiere and that's it 👈

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, Warp works well on a lot of clips, both in Ae and PPro.

Some clips, however, deserve a more detailed treatment and then Ae is your best bet.

Nonetheless, it's a tool, not a cure-all for shoddy cinematography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, the hands decide. But, even with a slight movement of the camera, jelly occurs and you can see how the picture is deformed. Terribly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide detailed specs of your system, including your storage configuration as well as your OS and version of Premiere.

Have you tried resetting preferences and/or reseting your workspace?
Reset your preferences by holding shift+alt (or option) when you launch Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share your system info? Like OS and version, CPU, RAM, GPU vRAM, Pr version? Thanks. Also a screen grab of your issue will be helpful.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm this is not happening in v22.3.1. The same thing was happening to me on my new M1 Macbook Pro using Premiere Pro v22.5 so I rolled it back a couple of versions to test and it's now processing at a normal speed. I'm not sure the time difference, but it felt like it was taking about 10 times longer with the bug as opposed to the normal processing time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines