• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp stabilizer causes black frame at end of cut.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a problem with renders not connecting. Adobe tech support helped me change

from software only to CPU acceleration. Problem fixed. But now I am getting a black frame

at the end of any shot I have the warp stabilizer on. Are these related? Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Found a solution that worked for me, remove all attributes then nesting the clip with the previous or following clip and then adding the stabiliser back on top.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Maud,

Sorry about the issue, that sounds pretty weird. Does it work if you cut that last frame off?

Please share some screenshots of the problem and some information regarding your system (Mac or PC?) and what version of Premiere you're operating on.

Thanks! Looking forward to working this out.

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for your help.

iMac 2017 plenty of RAM updated to latest PP today.

Trimming doesn’t matter. Last frame is black. Take off

Warp Stabilizer and no black frame.

Maud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, we're off to a good start. Now can I ask about your footage? What camera was it shot on? What's the frame rate? And what settings did you have warp stabilizer on, as far as like, "smooth motion VS no motion" and "perspective VS subspace warp." Feel free to share screenshots!

With this info, I can hopefully recreate the issue on my computer and find you a solution. We WILL get you that last frame, Maud!

Cheers,

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline,

Thanks again for your efforts.

Camera Sony EX-1  1080P 24fps

Warp stabilizer is on smooth motion and Position, Scale, Rotation.

I've been working on this project for over a year with plenty of warp stabilization

on many shots with the above settings with no problem.

Thanks again,

Maud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you already tried nesting the clip? Or maybe creating a new sequence from the clip, stabilizing it there, then copy & pasting it into your original sequence?

Currently working on recreating the problem, I'll keep you posted.

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should clarify:

Have you tried removing the warp stabilizer, nesting the clip, and then applying the warp stabilizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maud,

Are you clear of this issue yet? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem. Was it ever resolved? I've removed the warp stabiliser, nested the clips and reapplied, I've tried putting the clips on different tracks in the timeline. It only goes back to normal when I remove the effect, but comes back when I reapply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue, only on a few clips. So frustrating! I think one of the other replies is right, it seems to be on the clips that have a slight or specific camera movement that seems to trigger it?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem. My clip specs are these:

Type: MPEG Movie
File Size: 177.46 MB
Image Size: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: 25.00
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16-bit - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
Total Duration: 00:01:07:02
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Alpha: None
Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0 (Full Range)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Some black frames appear at the end of some shots while in Premiere and they cause any exports to fail at that point. I can't figure out why it happens in these particular shots. 

I've tried nesting and exporting them as source rewrap without luck, but when I exported these shots as Prores 4444 and brought them back I was able to add the warp stabilisation on them without any problem. So that's what I would recommed to others.

For your information, the camera used to shoot was Lumix G8T, I'm working on Premiere Pro 2018 and my specs are:

Mac Pro (mid 2010)

OS Sierra

2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

64 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this is not the solution. It seemed to work with one shot, but in the other the Prores 4444 presented the same problem. I wonder if it's something to do with the type of movement of these shots; they don't have any big movement, but slight, constant 'tremor'...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check if it happens in the latest version of Pr (2020 or 2021)? You can install it side by side. Since you are working in CC2018, I'm afraid you this issue won't get fixed in for that version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just having this issue on AE Version 22.2.1(Build 3) on a windows 10 machine. Except it was a few random black frames at the head of the shot. Prores 422 clip. If I adjusted the scale inside the warp stabilizer the frame would randomly flicker back on and off as I adjusted the slider, but would never stay. 

I was able to permantly fix the issue for this project by changing the project from 8 bit to 16 bit at the bottom of the project window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a solution that worked for me, remove all attributes then nesting the clip with the previous or following clip and then adding the stabiliser back on top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so far this seems to be the simplest reliable fix. thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After hours of troubleshooting, this answer is the only solution that I have found for my project to render. Upgraded my CPU & GPU, updated my drives and software. Working in project setting that matches my footage. Nothing seems to work. Have Warp Stabilizer on multiple clips and some are fine while others are missing the end frames. Nesting the clip into a new clip and adding the attributes and Warp Stabilizer to it works fine.

----------------
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

GPU Render Error

Unable to process frame.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Rendering effect: AE.ADBE SubspaceStabilizer
Rendering at offset: 46.513 seconds
Component: EffectFilter of type GPUVideoFilter
Selector: 9
Error code: -1609629695

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly I have this problem that I never had before.  How odd is that? No idea how to fix it.  Thanks, adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines