Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Warp stabilizer crashing Premeire 2020

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Warp stabilizer crashes Premiere Peo 2020 as I apply the effect. Try it at After Effects and it does not analyse the footage. Anybody Knows what is going on?

Thanks a lot

Video Editor https://vimeo.com/fernandoalves
TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what format is your source clip (pixel dimensions, frame rate and codec)?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! It's driving me nuts. It crashes, I restart Premiere, everything is okay and when applying the effect it crashes (not always and not on the same clip, which makes it very frustrating).

I'm editing on a Mac Pro (late 2013) with Premiere Pro 14.0.0 (Build 572) with footage shot from a cheap JVC camcorder:

MPEG Movie
Image Size: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: 25,00
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1,0
Alpha: None
Video Codec Type: AVCHD H.264 4:2:0

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple Pro Res Proxy

Image size 1920x1080

Frame Rate 23,976

Aspect ratio 1,0

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to project settings - general - renderer

do you have GPU acceleration enabled? if you are on software only you will have to update

your GPU driver from the vendor's site. After Effects seems to be on software only rendering as well..

warp stabilizer requires GPU acceleration

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Carlos,

"do you have GPU acceleration enabled?"

Yes, I do. 

My GPU is a Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX VEGA56 Gaming OC 8

CPU Ryzen 7 2700x

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 19.09.18.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing as me, i need some help

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, adding warp stabilizer to 4K ProRes HQ footage tends to cause damage to the project which at first isn't obvious. But when exporting, goes slow and crashes to the extent that the computer either locks up with wheel of doom, or it will completely shet down.

I'm using a very top end MacBook Pro 2020. Hardware accelerated graphics, 32GB memory, USBc Drives etc. All is fine and very fast until adding a Warp Stabilizer filter.

The answer probably is, don't use the Warp Stabilizer filter until the bug is fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here since a week now, ll was working well before... i don't understand

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution posted yeat?

When I apply Warp Stabelizer to a Nest, (a clip I slowed down), PrePro 15.4.7 crashes.

Clip Info:
MP4 - HLG2 - Rec709
Image Size: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: 60,00
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1,0

Laptop:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz

32.0 GB Ram

Niv 2070 Graphics

PP settings:
Screenshot 2021-10-16 152151.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

try converting to a high quality prores format before applying the warp-stabilizer.  Make sense that an mpeg file might be more challenging for a system.  And what happens if you apply the warp stabilizer inside the nest and then apply the speed change to the containing nest.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines