• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp Stabilizer is making my footage look really bad. Please help!

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm shooting with a Canon R6, in 4k 60fps C-log, and I wanted to add this effect to my clips. For some reason, it's making my already "flat" video look even "flatter"/grainier/slightly more exposed. I have no other video effects on these clips and I tried to render a clip in to out to see if it made a difference but it didn't. I used a gimbal but it had a slight jitter; however, with this quality loss I might have to settle for the jitters. 😞 I've used this effect before without this quality loss, no video online seems to have it this bad, and I can't find any posts about this. There is a possibility that it be related to the effect having to scale to counteract the jitters, but the jitters are really subtle since I used a gimbal, and it shouldn't look this bad! I've tried changing some of the warp settings but nothing seems to help remove this "film." Something else is wrong here and I have to get this to a client asap! Thanks for any insight you may have. 🙂

Examples:

Original

defaultwos94ys43274_0-1625070339317.png

Warp

defaultwos94ys43274_1-1625070357253.png

Original

defaultwos94ys43274_2-1625070372187.png

Warp

defaultwos94ys43274_3-1625070379030.png

Original 

defaultwos94ys43274_4-1625070387086.png

Warp

defaultwos94ys43274_5-1625070395601.png

Here is what the effects panel looks like for one of these clips:

defaultwos94ys43274_6-1625070417587.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bravoman123,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Let us know the version of  Premiere Pro that you are using. Are you experiencing this issue specifically with the R6 files or is it happening with other media files as well? Also, have you tried switching the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only & checked if it's restoring the original preview?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I do experience the same issues. Did you manage to resolve them? For me, non of the solutions found online worked. It happens occasionally with Warp Stabilizer and Roling Shutter Repair and found no fix until now.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a miracle effect that already degrades the quality of the picture. It is better not to use Warp stabilizer to stabilize frames. AE to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly since adobe added the warp stabilizer it is so much worse than CS4 and older. I feel the method used before the warp was much effective and better. It would be awesome if you go back to the stabilization system from the CS4 an dolder version. You will have less complains and better user experience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxpgnYCgNI8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason is the older stabilizer method allowed you to choose the exact points of reference for stabilization this created more acurate and effective stabilization. But now with the warp method the sofware uses anything that moves to stabilize instead of you telling the software what to use as a point of reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the algorithm in DaVinci, how it works. There you can even adjust the stabilization of the rear frame relative to the front object. I'm not talking about the smoothness itself relative to the picture. Why not do this here. In general, the Warp stabilizer in Premiere is disgusting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree with you @Baffy19 , Warp stabilizer really makes me crazy too. Thats why i used mercalli than wrap stabilizer.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How well does he do his job?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines