• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp Stabilizer Jamming Up

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a fan of using the warp stabilizer to smooth shots made with my gimbal. I've found settings that work for me, and it is a regular tool in my arsenal these days. What I can not seem to figure out is what causes the effect to eventually slow down to a totally unusable rate. I do a lot of multi-cam editing using a combo of locked and moving shots, so I'm usually only applying the effect to small 7-8 second clips across my timeline in order to make those moving shots a little smoother. I've started just taking care of these clips before adjusting anything else in my project, because for some reason that puppy absolutely FLIES if you haven't done much work in/out of other sequences contained within said project. This is mostly an okay method until I need to go back in after the bulk of my work has been finished (motion automation, grading) to adjust settings regarding stabilization, and the analysis slows down to like maybe 1-2 frames/sec - making a once lighting fast process a total burden. I've tried all the standard trouble shooting trinkets (clearing the cache, lifting applied FX, deleting render files/previews) but nothing works. To the best of my knowledge, it seems like this is happening specifically after I affect motion on other clips within multi-cam sequence. Seems pretty buggy if you ask me? Not many other ideas at this point...

Here are my specs:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)

3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Warp is such a heavy effect on resources, it's kinda a bit of a pain to use at times.

When I'm doing either hand-held or gimbal work and am needing to "Warp", I work to get the places to as short a clip as possible ... but then apply Warp and do a full render/replace so that from then forward, I'm using the 'fixed' replaced media rather than the original clip for all work.

That works for some of us, but for others, who need to change the clips every so often or other things, that doesn't work so well.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines