• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp Stabilizer must use GPU acceleration to speed up the process

Contributor ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just trying to stabilize a 3 min footage and warp stabilizer showing me that it will finish it in 460 minutes, that is ridiculous amount of time. In Task Manager I see CPU utlilization is 96% and GPU is at absolute 0%

Even though the video requires minimum amount of stabilization

In the upcoming release can we see GPU Accleration as source for Warp Stabilizer to speed up the task?

Otherwise I am gonna switch to some other softwares like Davinci Resolve

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Analyzing is done on the cpu, stabilizing is done on the gpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean't analyzing should be done on the GPU as well to reduce time delay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CPU and the GPU use different mathematical processes. The engineers look at them as tools, and chose which one does the best math for a specific process. Ergo, the CPU analyzes, but the GPU does the final work.

So the "CPU only" bit is simply that first part of the process, the analyzation. NOT the whole process. And it's math the CPU does best at ... and is difficult to split between two completely differently working systems.

Which is not to say that they necessarily have the most efficient code for anything. And 'the grass is always greener ... ' is a trope that may or may not actually be true. I work in both Resolve and Premiere on a daily basis ... and hey, if it works best for your workflow, fine. It's a tool.

These are all tools. Use what works best for you. That said ... some things will work a bit better on one app than another. So stabilization ... might ... work better for you on Resolve, or might not. But the multicam work there plain sucks for most people. Again, your mileage will vary.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CPU at 96%? Lucky you! I'm analysing 506 frames (just over 20sec in the UK) and I'm being told to wait 90 minutes while my CPU is only clocking up 14% effort!!

Do you know how to tell/let Premiere tap into my CPU more, it's just being lazy as far as I can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines