• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Way to Separate Subject from Similar-Colored Background?

Participant ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contrary to instructions to wear a light-colored shirt, someone showed uop wearing a black t-shirt in front of a dark background.

Can anyone suggest a preset or something else I can do to differentiate the guy from the background?

Screen-Shot-2021-08-04-at-5.18.50-PM.png

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's ... a problem. And there's no easy fix I know of, in post.

Now, if say there was a rimlight from each side of the set during the shoot, it wouldn't be an issue. Just a single smallish light near the edges of the background pointed at the subject, maybe a stop or two less light than falling on the face. You's have a clean edge no matter what the subject wore.

As is ... I'm not thinking the shirt would look correct if you lightened it, and the background wouldn't work if it was darkened. This is a beast to solve now, and I've got little help to offer.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree not much you can do with this. Even in After Effects. I'd see about re-shooting if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you reshoot?

EDIT: I don't type as fast as RobShultz  icon_biggrin.gif   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not going to be easy to get them to do that. I was just hoping there wouyld be a way to take the dark green background and differentiate it a little from the black shirt he is wearing (Premiere or AE), but if there isn't a way to do that, I may be out of luck.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines