• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weid stripes showing up in Premiere...

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! I have some trouble with Premiere. Basically, I rendered a short animation from Blender and imported it to After Effects. So far so good. After being done in AE I exported the file to
Premiere Pro in an Apple ProRes 422 codec.

The video looks perfectly fine at this stage. However, when I import the file to Premiere, some weird "stripes" are starting to show on a small part of the screen. 

I've read that it might be caused by unmatching framerates etc, but all of my files are exported in 24fps, in Blender, AE and Premiere. I have even changed every clip from the standard 30fps to 24fps by pressing Modyfy > Interpret Footage and then chaning the framerate (both in AE and Premiere). 

I've attached an image of where the stripes appear.Watch the big gray building in the middle of the scene, that's where the stripes appear.

Since the video files are too heavy to post here, I'm going to link the two versions below.

This one is exported straight from AE, and has no stripes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA8UxSOjTbo

And this one is exported from Premiere (there is also some colorgrading but I've tested without aswell and it doesn't make a difference. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZL_XqPLgGg

Does anyone know why this is happening? 

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have some scaling in your sequences? To me this looks more like a scaling issue than a framerate problem. Since you said it occurs even without color grading i do not think it results from that, but it would be better to show the video exported from premiere without grading to have a better comparison!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're absolutely right about it being easier to compare without color grading. Here's the clip containing the stripes but without color grading:

https://youtu.be/oapuBAY5Mc0

I don't have any scaling, no. A weird thing though is that the sequence, or at least the video in the preview window would sort of  "stretch" everytime I turned on the adjustment layer with the grading. However, I solved that by changing "Fields" in the sequence settings from "No Fields (Progressive Scan)" to "Upper Field First. What's even more odd, though, is that later I tried to change the setting back to "No Fields", and now it's not even a problem anymore regardless of the setting. I have no idea if this is associated with the stripes, but I thought I'd put it out here anyways.

EDIT

Okay, now that I've posted the exact same clip but no colograding, I can't even tell the stripes. I immediately noticed that they became less visible without all the contrast in the color grading but they were still there. Maybe it's just youtube that hasn't processed the video enough. Otherwise it looks like the problem occures when aplying the color grading for some reason. The odd part is that the stripes still are visible in the Premiere project while working on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines