• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird bug when using transform

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok this is a pretty weird bug, i hope to find a solution or at least bring it to the attention of the right people.

I'm doing a very simple 1 minute video, no effects, nothing fancy, just jump cuts through the clips.
There is a clip that i want to reframe a little bit, but as soon as i try to edit the position and/or scale values under the "transform" tab all hell breaks loose.
with default values the playback runs just fine, starts and stops as soon as i hit play with no issues at all, but if i change any of the values by 1% (EG bringing scale to 100% to 101%) when i hit "play" it takes a few seconds to start, and when it does the audio is fine, but the video is insanely sped up, like 1000%, you just see a couple of frames and then the preview goes black because it reaches the end.
but if i hit "stop" the correct frame is previewed, when i hit play again glitches right as it did before.
As soon as i restore the default transform values the playback works again as if nothing happened.

I'm working with ProRes files recorded in 4k 60fps in a 1080, 24 fps timeline, but this problem pops out every now and then regardless of timeline, frame and framerate settings.

Any ideas? Did this ever happened to you all?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Two things to try:

1. Export the sequence to your desired delivery format with the Transform active. Does the exported file play normally outside of Pr?
  2. Force a render. Sequence>Render Effects In To Out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a work around, try nesting the clip and then transform the nest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't think of that at first, right after i posted i tried nesting but with no results. I've also tried adding "Transform" from the effects panel but the issue shows up exactly the same way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things to try:

1. Export the sequence to your desired delivery format with the Transform active. Does the exported file play normally outside of Pr?
  2. Force a render. Sequence>Render Effects In To Out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried force rendering the in-out point and that seem to work, gotta do that every time i touch a value but at least is  some kind of a solution..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by any chance are any of your sources recorded on a smartphone or with a screen recording program?  If so, the issue can be a variable frame rate which can cause intermittant and unpredictable issues.  Here's how to confirm the diagnosis and fix it

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate setting the quality slider in the video panel to maximum
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This bug is "stalking" me for years, but it never got as aggressive like yesterday's project.
Now i'm recording on a Zcam e2 s6, but it also happened with my sony, gopro, smartphones ecc..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines