• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird "ding-sound" when adjusting audio track-heights in Premiere Pro 2018

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I've discovered that I can change my audio track-heights in Premiere Pro CC 2018 in Windows by using keyboard shortcuts, pressing together "Alt +" or "Alt -" so I can see the audio-track's waveforms much clearer. The thing is that the system plays a weird "ding" sound every time I do that (which sounds exactly like the default "error-ding" of Windows!!).

1. Is that normal?!!

2. Can I disable this weird sound? (as I use this shortcut quite often lately!!).

However it does NOT give ANY sound at all when I adjust the video track-heights (by pressing "Ctrl +" or "Ctrl -" (which is weird, I'd expect the same sound as well). Many thanks in advance to whoever answers my questions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

It's come from the Windows 'Default Beep'

It a generic setting so if you set it to "(None)" any other windows app that uses the default beep gets none also.

But that's how you can turn it off... Call up the "Sound" ("Change System Sounds") and set the Default Beep to none.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never heard that, but then ... I've also disabled almost all 'sounds' in Windows anytime the app updates itself.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Neil hinted, that sounds like some Windows setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's come from the Windows 'Default Beep'

It a generic setting so if you set it to "(None)" any other windows app that uses the default beep gets none also.

But that's how you can turn it off... Call up the "Sound" ("Change System Sounds") and set the Default Beep to none.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guys. So I'm the only one with this problem? Anyone else?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everybody has that, so far only you have mentioned it as a problem. I showed you above how to turn that off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you MyerPj, your solution worked fine, it's just that this "ding-sound" is also used by Windows in some other occasions, but never mind, I turned that off for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, you can request new features or bug reports here:

Premiere Pro: Hot (1582 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Perhaps you could request this as a new feature/fix, ie: see if the Adobe guys can turn that sound off when using the Alt +/-.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem with the given solution is that the Windows Default Beep is actually quite useful in other contexts.  It alerts you when an app finds your input unexpected or invalid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines