• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird timeline discrepancy

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just now started using 2022 as I was using 2020 before. In 2022 the timeline clip duration meter is messed up. When I try to drag shorten a one second clip to 30 milliseconds, it jumps from 1 second to 23 milliseconds despite the timeline saying the gap is 1 second. I am perplexed at how this is possible. Do you have any solution?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The timeline does not look to be in audio units. Video units are hours:minutes:seconds:FRAMES ... the last bit is how many frames are there.

So if you've got a 1 minute 15 second clip of media at 24fps, then you'd be seeing 00:01:14:10 for the last frame. One minute, 14 seconds, and 10 frames.

While audio can be trimed to the millisecond, you can't trim video frames to less than one full frame of timeline length. Each video frame must be precisely the length of time for the fps of the sequence.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Righto thank you, so how do I change the timeline to be in audio units?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try:

audio time units 4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines