• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird wavy distortion when playing a sequence

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys...something weird. I'm making adjustments to clips and all of a suddent, on playback, I get a weird wavy effect that goes away as soon as I stop playback. It looks as follows (most obvious on the keyboard against the left side of the image):

Music_Photographer_0-1635907787140.png

as soon as I stop playback, it looks as follows:

Music_Photographer_2-1635908027000.png

No comments on the colors...I have alot of adjustment I know I need to make and the onsite lighting was HORRIBLE. 

Anyone experience that wavy effect? I can give you machine specs, but in general,

PP version 22/build 169

Win10

9 core

32 ram

Nvidea Quadro RTX 4000 total memory 24GB/6.3GB free

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

From your images it looks like reduced resolution playback. Could be because you are playing clips with FX applied that are not rendered. When you stop playback the frame you are sitting on will display at full resolution, which would explain why it looks OK when paused.

Try preview rendering your sequence - or the part that is causing problems.

Also check that your playback resolution is set to 'full' in the 'Program' window (bottom right hand corner).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolved...I used an adjust layer with a 250 scale. I changed it to 240, ran the clip OK, changed it back to 250 and distortion was gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope...its back. <sigh>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your images it looks like reduced resolution playback. Could be because you are playing clips with FX applied that are not rendered. When you stop playback the frame you are sitting on will display at full resolution, which would explain why it looks OK when paused.

Try preview rendering your sequence - or the part that is causing problems.

Also check that your playback resolution is set to 'full' in the 'Program' window (bottom right hand corner).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep...Playback Resolution. I had it at 1/8. When I brought it up to 1/2, the issue went away. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries and good luck with the grade - looks like a lot of work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines