• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are these two different views & timecodes used for when I drag the transition between clips?

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are these two different views & timecodes used for when I drag the transition between clips? And how do I call them?

1.png

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in Comparison View. Has nothing to do with the transition.

AnnBens_0-1629637567317.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 🙂  But when I drag the transition towards and backwards, the time codes on comparison views have both changed.

I mean, the transition has a begin and an end, which part does premiere count as the reference/current frame on comparison views?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two different time codes are the last 'current' frame of the left clip, the first 'current' frame of the right clip. As are the two images.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. But I'm still a little confused. Could you tell me what you mean by "the last 'current' frame" and "the first 'current' frame"? 

Did you mean:

Screenshot_20210823_082936.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off comparison view.

This view is mainly used for color correction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a comparison view, Neil responded to that correctly. 

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look familiar?

AnnBens_0-1629731509436.png

By moving the transition, the timecode appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like the Comparison View for color correction is being confused with the Trim View for refining an edit. 

The Compairson View does not reflect what's happening at an edit whlie the Trim View does.

The Trim View reflects the picture and timecode of the last frame of the A clip on the left and the first frame of the B clip on the right.The Trim View reflects the picture and timecode of the last frame of the A clip on the left and the first frame of the B clip on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines