• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What format do I need to deliver Dolby Atmos audio mixes to filmmakers in?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do NOT edit video at our studio. We are a sound recording studio. We have a very high-end 7.1.4 audio monitoring rig and are able to mix audio for film and music in anything from mono to Dolby Atmos.

However, Dolby Atmos is a new venture for us and I'd like to see how the files we export are implemented by the filmmakers/editors in order to help us better serve our clients.

Our local demographic make a lot of indie films released on streaming services. We're not trying to take on Marvel Studios or anything big like that as a client at this time; just indie filmmakers who release to video streaming services.

I asked our IT guy what software would be popular for that demographic and he mentioned Adobe Premiere Pro.

• So, if you were looking to release your film to NetFlix/Prime Video/Tubi/etc with your audio available in Dolby Atmos, what type of file would you need me to send you after mixing?
TOPICS
Audio , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for writing in. I found the following resource: https://professional.dolby.com/content-creation/Dolby-Atmos-for-content-creators/#gref To answer your question, I believe the formats you would be delivering would depend on the needs of the client at the head end of the delivery chain. They include the following: ADM BWF, IAB MXF, and MP4. I hope the info helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines