• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What settings should i use for my timeline

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am editing a video for a summer camp and they gave me footage from 3 different cameras. One was in .mts and the other 2 were in .mp4. I ended up converting everything to .mp4. My question is what settings should I use for my sequence? The footage includes 60p and 30p so is it better to make my sequence 30p or 60p as I will be combining both types of footage in this sequence. Also if you can please direct me to the specific sequence preset i should use. All my footage is in 1080 except for some gopro shots which are in 1440 (i still will be using one sequence for the types of footage)

(additional info: all footage is 48000Hz - Compressed - Stereo. LMK if you need any more info)

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tha's up to you. For me, i usually use FULL HD 1080p 25fps as my final project.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it bad to go down to 25p if i have 30 and 60p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best to stay with a 30 or 60fps sequence. Eko Wardoyo probably uses 25 due to 25fps source footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not really matter what you choose as your sequence frame rate. But I'd likely choose one that matches 'most' of your footage. So if you shot mostly 30fps - then choose 30fps. Keep the frame settings at 1080p.

If you want a preset - you could perhaps use AVC-Intra > 1080p >AVC-I 100 1080p30.

But it's more important that your fps and frame size are 'right' rather than which preset you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have 900 videos:

600 videos are 59.94fps, and the other 300 videos are 30fps and 29.97fps.

and they will all be on one timeline, so is it better to scale down to 30fps or go with the majority of 60fps (this video is going to be exported as an .mp4 and distributed on flashdrives and watched on computers).

Also would it be better to apply my frame rate settings to the sequence, or not worry about it and when i export it, to set the frame rate.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your case I'd go with 30fps (or 29.97) sequences. Use the preset I mentioned earlier and see how you go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome thanks

Last thing, is there a reason i should use the AVC-Intra preset as opposed to AVCHD or HDV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use any preset you want. AVCHD would be fine.  I was just suggesting one I use regularly.

However do not use HDV. HDV is an older format that only supports 1440x1080 anamorphic resolution and was designed way back for HDV tape based cameras. Not a good choice for today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also need to consider how you will deliver the video.

Disc?

Web?

File?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to export as a .mp4 file and distribute them on flash drives which will be played on computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines