• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What should I do if my I deleted several audio track in my timeline and left my pc auto save for hou

Participant ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From 5PM I was editing until 7 which i went to sleep. At 7PM i accidentally deleted a audio track from my premiere pro timelien which took me very long to edit. I left my PC on till 6AM. Then i turn it off. At the afternoon, I turned on my PC and realised i deleted something opn my timeline. I search for autosaves but my auto saves only have one which is at 6:20. I think it auto overwrite my auto save files. What should I do?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Don't solely rely on auto save.

As said before do a Save a copy or save a backup to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cannot find it in your auto saves you need to start over.

Make a habit of making Save a Copy to a different drive.

FAQ: When to use "Save A Copy," or "Save As," or just "Save".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh. Understood, thanks for the help! But I did auto save every 15 minutes. Had mt project on for 10 hours in background. But then I accidentally deleted something in timeline when I went to sleep, did not auto save in multiple files. Only when the time i open premiere pro to edit. It only save one auto save version, not mulitple files per 15 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't solely rely on auto save.

As said before do a Save a copy or save a backup to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible if my autosave overwrite itself everytime? Or maybe i can go back previous versions of it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Auto save has a maximum of projects. The setting for this is found in the Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also currently using my auto save for my previous old version. Is there a way to get back my original name? Somehow I save and exit PR. My home recent files show the project file name as T916?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines