• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What To Do With Desktop Folders

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a new user (though I just finished editing a multi-hour video project), so forgive me if this one is obvious.  Over the course of editing, there were a number of desktop folders seemingly automatically created by PP.  I'm wondering what to do with them now that I've finished my project and am in the process of offloading all of my media to an external drive.  Can I offload these desktop folders, too?  Or do I just need to trash them?  I've attached a screenshot of the folders in question.  Thank you for any support.  

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can trash them but as soon as you open a project they will be generated again.

Leave or put them in the same folder as the project.

Make a habit of not storing folders on the desktop but rather in a dedicated "video" folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent.  Thanks so much, Ann,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For your current situation, use Project Manager (File > Project Manager) to collect your files and copy them to the new locaiton.  When the copy is complete, double-check the results to make sure that the project has been collected as expected to the new location,  After that, you can then delete the files on the Desktop.

To expand on what Ann suggests, create a folder for each Premiere Pro project file that you'l be saving that are part of a different project and keep any and all source footage used in the respective project in the corrresponding folders.

So, if you're making a video on rescuing cats, create a folder called "Cat Rescue".  Inside that, create at least three sub-folders: "Source Footage", "PR Project Files" and "Exports".   When you choose a location for cat_rescue.prproj (the Premiere Pro project file), save it to "PR Project Files".  With "Same as Project" set in the Project Scratch Disk settings (the default), all fo the folders that Premiere Pro creates will wind up in this folder as well, scratch files included.  Copy any source footage to the Source Footage folder prior to importing them to the project and export Seqeunces to the Exports folder.  When you're done with the Cat Rescue project, simply copy the folder to another location for archving with no need to use Project Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines