Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What version of PP to install on new PC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ladies and Gents,

New to the forum. Nice to e-meet you all.

Here is my question concerning a new PC,

I cut a 90 min seq. using  PP version 14.4. What version do I install on the new PC so the seq. will open up without any issues?  Also what version of media encoder should I install? Do they have to match?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Will

TOPICS
Editing , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

My suggestion is that you install the version that you have used so far, 14.4 (or 14.9, which is the most up-to-date of that version), you can also install 15.2, which is the latest, and keep both on your system. So you can test the most up-to-date version with your new PC, which should have the necessary hardware resources to work without problems. Changing versions from 14.4 to 15.2 should not affect editing in your sequence when updating the project, however, it is always a good idea to keep

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suggestion is that you install the version that you have used so far, 14.4 (or 14.9, which is the most up-to-date of that version), you can also install 15.2, which is the latest, and keep both on your system. So you can test the most up-to-date version with your new PC, which should have the necessary hardware resources to work without problems. Changing versions from 14.4 to 15.2 should not affect editing in your sequence when updating the project, however, it is always a good idea to keep a backup of the projects in the original versions. And when you install Premiere Pro, Adobe Media Encoder of the same version is also installed automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good advice. I would also just add that it's a good idea to clear media cache when changing versions - particularly with an ongoing project. Since it's a new PC this may not be an issue since you'll probably have to rebuild the cache anyway unless it's stored on the drive with the rest of the media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for the input.  I do have the project/footage on the same external drive so cleaning the media cache might be needed. I'll let you know what occours, since a fresh install might not see the old media cache until I open the project. Great Advice. Thank you.

Will  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Byron,

Thanks for the insight and suggestions. I was thinking along those same lines of staying with the same version, your input gives me move confidence to stick wtih 14.4. or 14.9. Never reliazed, PP will install the corresponding version of Media Ecoder. Very good to know.

Thank again,

Will 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines