• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whats up with Premiere EFFECT CONTROL WINDOW?

Enthusiast ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe and Adobe community. I jsut don't get it. Version 2022 is out and the thing I've most hated in Premire Pro is STILL there. Is it OK with everyone? Do you all agree it needn.t be fixed? Or am I the only one who goes ultimately mad everytime I try working in Premiere Pro with keyframes?

Ok, the emotional part is over.

2 problems:

1) the effect control scrollbar does not cjage scale until I move it near the centre and keeps stucking at some point until I move it again.

2) there is no hotkey to keep the keyframe graph point on the same level when moving it. In the absence of normal graph scaling working with premiere becomes a torture.

An illustration of all I wrote above is in this video: https://disk.yandex.ru/i/sMifRLxT-zaXxA

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

If you want to use the horizontal scroll bar: uncheck Pin to Clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing ... I don't know why you're trying to change the height of a section in the graph window itself, there's no 'line' out there to grab. To do that, you use the left section, hover over the thin line between sections.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about this, Андрей5E17.

I see your issues, and I am so sorry. Thanks a lot for your video. I made a quick effects-drive test project with a lot of keyframes to test out your findings.

1) the effect control scrollbar does not change scale until I move it near the center and keeps sticking at some point until I move it again.

2) there is no hotkey to keep the keyframe graph point on the same level when moving it. In the absence of normal graph scaling working with premiere becomes a torture.

The behavior you show at the start of the video I am not experiencing. You may have a corrupt project in this regard. Can you try a new project and experiment with a small test project? How do the keyframes and the graph react now?

One problem you pointed out I am also experiencing is the lack of the ability to expand the keyframe graph. I can't do this either.

In the documentation, it says:
To better view a graph, hover the Selection or Pen tool over the boundary line below a graph. When the pointer turns into a segment pointer, drag to increase the height of the graph area.

This seems broken. What do you think, community colleagues?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow ... I'm able to resize the various sections of the graph by hovering over the faint line until I get the split arrow, and increase/decrease the height.

And I have no problem changing the length/scale of the bottom viewing slider.

BUT!!!!!

The velocity  graphs are completely busted! Look at this image ... as soon as I started setting the splines 'out' a bit, the velocity graph went 900 miles high! You can't see the ends of the scale where the splines are, no matter how high you make that section.

MASSIVE buggy behavior here, and thanks for calling out some issues!

Neil

RNeilHaugen_0-1643917002704.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I filed the bug report on the Public Beta page ... probably will on UserVoice also.

ECP velocity/speed graphs display broken in shipping build

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnnBens_0-1643922193798.png

Edit: for the graph to fit turn ON toggle automatic range rescaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use the horizontal scroll bar: uncheck Pin to Clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx, mate. Well, this works but still is not the decision. By unchecking the Pin to clip you just bring the whole timeline in that small effects control window. I just don't understand why is this not so obvious as to correct the scrollbar behavior and restrict it to the clip size without those stucks... Adobe?

As for the automatic range rescaling - this is also not the solution to what I was mad about. AE has a perfect way of moving keyframes in the graph by snapping them to the horison when holding shift.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for your note.

Adobe?

It seems as though the team could put some polish in the Keyframe Graph; I agree with you. I'm having trouble too. However, whenever you ask for "Adobe's" opinion, a better place for that is User Voice. These are chiefly user-to-user forums with fellow colleagues from the editing profession responding to posts rather than the product team. Sorry about that frustration. 

If you create a bug report there and share the link, I will upvote your effort.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines