• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When creating 2 line caption, single line sinks to the bottom of text window

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating 2 line closed captions for my videos - they're set on the bottom of the screen, nothing extraordinary. 
The problem is when 2 line caption has only 1 line of text (because it's short), the caption doesn't start at the top of the text window, but from the 2nd line. (see attached images). That causes viewers' eyes to jump on the screen, and I want to avoid that. I played with all the options in the Essential Graphics panel, but none of them really worked.
The only solution I found is to press ENTER after a single line of the text, to push it back up, but this solution doesn't work in a long term, however I want to automatize the process.
Please help!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

The issue here is the “Bounding Box" (Text Box). This is not the same as the caption background. See the user guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.html

The trick is in 3 parts. As mentioned, set the caption in the EGP to Top Align Text. Then change the Bounding Box SIZE so that the top of it is where you want the top line. Finally, save this as a Caption Track Style. It remembers the bounding box. I did not know this until I just

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't like to add an empty line each time, then you have to select "Top align text" in the essential graphics panel:

1.jpg

The bad thing about this is that your captions will be almost in the middle of the sequence. A workaround to bring them down is to put all your captions in a nested sequence, then use Motion in Effect Controls to move your captions to the bottom again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue here is the “Bounding Box" (Text Box). This is not the same as the caption background. See the user guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.htm...

The trick is in 3 parts. As mentioned, set the caption in the EGP to Top Align Text. Then change the Bounding Box SIZE so that the top of it is where you want the top line. Finally, save this as a Caption Track Style. It remembers the bounding box. I did not know this until I just tested it. The style applies to the entire track. Be careful, because if you make other changes (e.g. add italics to some words) and then reapply the style, it will wipe them out.

Let us know if this works.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Stan, I think this is the best way to do it! Saves me a lot of time 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let us know; I tested a small sample, and sometimes larger projects have other issues.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines