• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When exporting it asks me to stretch to fill but didn't before?

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! I'm very new to Premier Pro (this is my second video) and I've run into a problem. When I went to export my video it is asking me to either stretch or fit to fill, and if I don't it has the ugly black bars on it. I noticed too that when I was adding my videos I had to stretch each individual one to make it fit into the playback screen appropriately so I'm assuming the two problems are related. Any ideas on what could have happened? I didn't have any of these issues with the first video so not sure if a setting accidentally got bumped?

Any help is appreciated!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey sanderson1993.

Welcome to the community! This could happen because the frame size of your source videos and Sequence don't match. If you don't want to scale your source video and want to change the sequence frame size instead, you can do so by going to Sequence> Sequence Settings. When you drag a video to an empty Timeline, Premiere Pro adjusts the Sequence Settings according to the Source video. This might be why you didn't experience this issue the first time.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines