Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When Exporting, Premiere Pro Keeps Creating Additional m4v file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I have a current subscription to all the Adobe products.  In Premiere Pro I export my 3 minute time line to an mp4 video file.

Premiere does successfully export my timeline to an mp4 file and it plays normally.  

The problem is that Premiere also creates an additonal identical video file that has the "m4v" file ext.  Both videos are the same size.  

I have successfully exported other timelines without this problem.  The only difference is that the timeline I am having this issue wtih is an image sequence that I created, as this is from an 8mm film transfer.  So a I am starting with a bunch of indivdula jpegs.  I am not sure if this makes any difference.

I have tried to changes many different settings in the export menu and no matter what I choose, Premiere always generates this additional m4v file.  

How can I stop Premiere from constantly generating this additional m4v video file?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which preset are you using?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help!

I am not using any of the presets for YouTube or vimeo. I have the first box checked that I believe is named "video file"  Then under presets, I have my own custom settings. The film transfer was done at a 16:9 ratio with pixel dimensions of 2048 X 1052.

I am not at home right now. Hopefully this is enough information. Otherwise I can post again with more specifics. I know I matched the pixel dimensions exactly. The frame rate is set to 15 fps. The timeline and image sequence are both 16 fps. So 15 was the closest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pixel dimensions might be off. I can't remember exactly. It might be 2048 X 1152

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what format/codec are you using?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H.264. This is the same codec I use with no issues for other time lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One more bit of information.  When I take the same 3 minute clip of my image sequence and shorten it to around 25 seconds, Premiere will no longer generate the extra m4v file.  I have tried this several times with the same result.  If I export the whole 3 minute clip then premiere will create that extra m4v file, if I cut it down to around 25 seconds then it won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines