Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When exporting video the color is over saturated and exposure on iMac

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 3.32.50 PM.png

I am currently using film from my Iphone 13 pro and iMac. Everything looks fine in the edits but when I export the footage it comes over saturated or over exposure. I tried multiple solutions and still having the same issue. Can someone help me? 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to see this regarding Color Management in Premiere Pro: Premiere Pro V22 - Understanding Color Spaces, HDR, and what that might mean to you - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPhone and other HLG media must be reset to Rec.709 in color management when used on a Rec.709 timeline.

So ... select clips in the bin, right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage, select the Override option and set to Rec.709.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless you!!! The only fix I have found that works!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The newer 24.x versions of Premiere simplify this ...

Lumetri panel, SETTINGS tab ...  a new location where ALL color management settings are gathered together as I requested back in 2019 ... yay!

Display color management should be on unless you are a CM expert working on a calibrated, profiled system done by an expert calibrator.  Or very few other users. (Most Mac users should also set Extended Dynamic Range on also.)

Auto detect log should be on, as well as auto-tonemap. Combining the above means that no matter whether you use a Rec.709 or HLG sequence, you should get the appropriate transform to the sequence space.

Setting "display gamma" is a user's choice ... pick your poison. (Most colorists, based on Macs, still only use the full Rec.709/gamma 2.4 setting for all Rec.709 workflows. But your choice.)

And of course, use presets based on the proper sequence color space, ONLY use presets with HLG or PQ in the preset name for sequences in those two HDR forms respectively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines