• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I add text premiere gets slower

New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello I'm using macbook air m1 2020 8gb ram at first there's nothing like slower or lagged problem but time goes and I've this problem when I try to add text actually I can't even type because it won't let me I cleared the media cache files restart my mac but problem still there and when I masking same problem shows up or add logo or picture on timeline same problem how can I fix this?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first of all thank you my hard drive 256gb ssd and there's 126gb avaible I reset the preferences but still slow but it's not same after reset the preferences a little bit fast should I delete premiere pro and upload again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that normal, all text graphic/motion graphic makes laggy playback, however high spec your pc.

You can render it to make smooth playback

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

8 gig of ram isn't really enough to run premiere efficiently and the macbook air is not an ideal editing machine.  So, yeah, rendering may be the only way to go...  Also, you might consider a proxy workflow.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines