• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I go to create captions, PP freezes?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the latest version, and I can create the transcript but when I click on the create captions, nothing happens? It freezes and i can do nothing in PP? I don't get the pop up that I used to get when I clicked on create captions? I have to force quit PP because I am unable to continue working...

FYI, I am not a super user of PP, I create very simple videos, but I would like the captions to be on the video. Hoping to get some help or guidance?

TOPICS
Audio , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No workaround so far. Others report similar?:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-pro-22-4-captions-doesn-t-work/m-p/...

Are you running PR 22.4?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version, 22.5.0 and I've tried the suggestions from the previous community posts on this issue. I'm super frustrated at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, very frustrating. And it is working correctly for me in 22.5.

One earlier problem appeared to be that the popup dialogue was off screen or otherwise hidden. The program was not actually "frozen," but it was waiting for input. And if you can't get to the popup, there's nothing to do but force quit.

One user suspected it was his multiple monitor set up. Or perhaps workspace layout could become an issue.

So, in addition to preference reset, which I suspect you already did, reset the workspace you are using. Or as an experiment, switch to a single monitor UI?

Let us know. For those of you who are affected by this, it probably requires a roll back to a version that works. Was it working okay in 22.4 for you? Have you tried rolling back?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. the multiple monitors seemed to be the issue. When I went to one monitor I saw the pop up to add the subtitles and it worked. Simple fix, not sure why I didn't think of that. I'm not sure how to reset my workspace? Do you have a link to instructions on how to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! Thanks for reporting back.

If you switch back to the dual monitor, does the problem recur?

To reset workspace, select the workspace you want to reset. Then left click the workspace icon in the upper left. Pick "Reset to saved layout." 

This screenshot from PR  Version 22.5.0.

Stan

PR Woprkspace Reset 2022_5_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue. Updated premiere pro and still no luck. It is very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rish,

Same problem meaning you get a transcription, click on Create Captions, and no dialogue box appears?

What version of PR - updated to 23.0.0? Do you have multiple monitors?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been a similar nightmare for three days straight. Trying out all the possibilities of workspaces and playback, clearing caches, reinstalling it, and earlier versions and it was all frustrating and in vain. But the good news is 🙂 I found a solution. Uninstall the program plus all its system files. It happens that an "irregularity" causes this and can only be found in the system files which you have to delete and reinstall and run the programm again.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines