• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I import .mov files in Premiere Pro they lose sync

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import .mov files in Premiere Pro they lose sync. It happens after Media Encoder goes through a process to ingesting. How do I prevent or correct this?

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they start close to sync, then get farther out over time?

As, with VFR ... variable frame-rate media from phones ... drift is very common. For that, one needs typically to use ShutterEncoder or Handbrake to convert to CFR ... constant frame rate .... before importing into Premiere.

At times, drift over time occurs in other files ... where changing the length of the audio file can help "re-match" sync.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to change VBR to CBR e..in Adobe Media Encoder, but I'm trying to use it to transcode to h264 on ingest, to see if that will fix it, since I'v3e had no problem with that format in the past. If this doesn't do it, I'll try lengthening the the audio track to meet sync points at the sart and end... Nope it did the same sync lag issue, so I guess I have to do the caveman approach finding the ratio and lengthening the audio to match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me isn't particularly noted for VFR to CBR conversions.

Which is why I and most others recommend ShutterEncoder for the job. Free, easy to use, handles H.264 formats very well. And you can  both convert VFR to CFR, plus pick any codec you want ... from editing codecs like ProRes, DNx, or Cineform, or capture/storage/delivery formats like H.264/5 and XDCAM.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines