• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I shift my project, my Audio Track Mixer sliders don't shift?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm mixing a long video that's roughly an 1:40:00, and contains a ton of clips.

After finishing it, throwing in effects, balancing color, adding stuff, I polished the sound by using the sliders in the Audio Track mixer. It sounds great.

But then I realized I wanted a graphic intro up front, so I have to shift everything over to make space for it.  Inserting the motion graphic is easy peasey; I put it in the project browser, put my cursor at the beginning of the project browser, and dragged it on.  Everything shifted over by 8 seconds to accomodate the graphic.

Everything but my slider settings.

As an example, towards the end, I manually ducked a couple of channels so that you could hear a couple of audio clips.  But now the audio ducks a full 8 seconds before the audio clips come in, and by the time the clips are there, the sliders have turned back up.

How can I preserve my slider settings to sync up properly with the timeline? Ideas?

Keep in mind, please, that this is my first project. So talk to me as if I'm a guy who just learned what audio ducking was a few weeks ago during Adobe Max.  Maybe.

TOPICS
Audio , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could make a new sequence, put your graphic in and the drag your existing sequence from the project panel to butt onto your graphic. There may well be a better way.

I find it is good practice not to start your project at the start of the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Richard!
You suggested that I drag the whole sequence? Will it keep the slider settings onto the new one?

And I appreciate your expertise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dragged sequence should keep the track automation. The advantage of using a dragged sequence rather than an exported file is that you can double click on it if you need to re-edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essentially 'nesting' the original sequence, right?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems if you nest the clips, copy and paste to a new sequence the automation does not work. It you paste a sequence into a new sequence the automation does carry over but only if you insert using a 'nest' rather than 'individual clips'.

nest 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Richard!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Track mixer is great ... BUT ... best used only for things that are going to be used the entire track, as ... the settings are set to specific times in that track's timecode. Irrelevant of the clips there at that spot.

Clip Mixer does the work on the individual clips, and so if they're going to be moving, is the better tool.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood, brother. I'm learning.
I considered just exporting the entire file and then inserting the "completed" file onto a project timeline with my graphic. Would that work?
If so, what lossless codec would you use to export it, presuming you had infinite hard drive space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A ProRes file, 422 or LT even, you can try both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines