• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When importing video for a new project through SD card - folders show up but files do not.

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have an issue with this? I simply put in my sd card(s) and it Adobe Premiere reads the device fine, even the folders but when I open the folders only 1 file displays and it's always a .DNG file.  Any advice? Much appreciated! Thank you. 

TOPICS
Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried double-clicking on the folder to open it?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you try to use the Media Browser? Can you see the videos?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you copy the entire contents of the card to your internal drive and then try to import the media?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SD cards are not a good place to import media from. As Peru Bob suggests, first copy the card to a locally attached drive. Then import from an actual computer drive.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou. Although I would have done that myself, you saved me the time it would have taken for me to figure out this was one of the few ways to import without issues. This is my first time using professional video editing software, but I got the basics like adding a sequence, which is as simple as importing another video file, and color editing.

I have the DJI mini 3 pro, which is capable of 4k 60fps, but also Cine format, so dng, 4k @30fps. One thing I've learned from using Adobe Lightroom and the pc version Classic, is that dng or RAW files rule. JPG's are not worth editing, they make me cringe. Now that I am editing a video that is not in RAW, I regret it, but not too much since it's 4k anyway, but the flexibility and added bonus of depth would be amazing with the cine profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some of the "cine" on those is actually log encoded. But some is "cine-like", and is just a flat camera profile with contrast and saturation set to really low values.

I've dealt with enough attempts to mimic log to know that "going flat" in camera settings to look log-ish doesn't come close to log. And may he more difficult to use than something shot closer to normal camera setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines