• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When moving object from point A to point B via keyframing, the object makes detours

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Macbook Pro mid 2014 since 2018 and I've always had this problem, not in every case but only in some occasions. Right now I'm using Premiere Pro version 22.6.2. Please don't suggest solutions via After Effects, I need to stay on Premiere Pro.

Look at the screen recording attached. When I want to move or change the scale of an object (a screenshot on top of a clip, in this case) I keyframe it. Yet the object doesn't travel directly from first keyframed position to the second: it takes weird detours. This in the video is a simple one, sometimes it randomly moves around even more.

Why does it do this? Is it a bug or I'm doing something wrong? How do I solve it?

I found a similar previous post, but I think the solution suggested is on After Effects (if it's not, I don't understand it anyways).

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Set all keyframes to linear.

when mixing position and scale you sometimes can get unexpected behavior.

You can either nest between position and scale.

Or use position from Motion and scale from Transform effect or v.v.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set all keyframes to linear.

when mixing position and scale you sometimes can get unexpected behavior.

You can either nest between position and scale.

Or use position from Motion and scale from Transform effect or v.v.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't realise that the position keyframes are created automatically with an auto-bezier. I switched it off under "Spacial interpolation" (a function I never use) and the problem got solved. 

Interesting to know that mixing position and scale can be tricky: it's an operation I do very frequently. If I'll get the problem again I'll try by nesting between the two. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try removing the last keyframes, deleting the media cache, and then recreating the last keyframes.

This has sometimes worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't take time to watch ... but if you touch the Anchor points after doing any other motion, that makes for weird results. Just ... commenting as one possibility.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines